So, today I've decided to review one of my holy-grail products, the Topshop Glow highlighter!
I'm a highlighter addict through and through, I may even go so far as to say that it's the make-up item that excites me the most of them all! Even when I'm wearing a minimal make-up look, I'll always have a glowy cheek and a shimmering tear duct and brown bone. These Topshop glow highlights are my ultimate favourite of all the highlighters I've tried- trust me, I've tried plenty! The glow highlighter comes in two shades and of course, I have both so here's a concise list of the pro's and con's of this product- which is really just a list of why I love it SO much!
FYI- the golden/bronze shade on the left is 'Gleam' and the mores silvery shade on the right is 'polished'
* the texture is beautiful and creamy
*the buttery soft texture means they blend onto the skin like a dream
*they really do last all day and night
* although the pot may seem small, it last for absolutely ever! I've had 'gleam' for around a year now and it's still going strong and I literally use it on a daily basis!
* at £9.00 I think these are very reasonably priced for the high quality finish you get!
*the packaging as adorable, very sleek and sophisticated yet also cute with the little stars
* the packaging is strong and durable also- I've had these for a long time as I've said and being super clumsy they've been dropped more than their fair share and they still look great.
* I do think, for some people, these may be too glittery as I know some prefer a more subtle highlight
* although the two shades they have are beautiful and very different, I'd love to see a more pinkish/peach shade added to the range similar to 'Girl meets pearl' by Benefit
Overall, as you can see, for me the pros hugely outweigh the few minor cons of these highlighters and I would recommend them to anyone who loves a full on highlighted look as much as I do!
In case you aren't already tempted enough, I'll leave you with some swatches of just how beautiful they look on the skin...
|Left- Polished ~ Right- Gleam|
Shakira Jasmin x